Archive for April, 2011
More than a month ago the PARPG team ended the 1-month Character Customization Sprint. It was all about designing and implementing character stats and creation.
The participants talked about the sprint on chat and in this forum thread but let me sum up the opinions that were expressed (a few contradictions and conflicts of interest ahead 😉 ):
- The sprint was a success
- The short, regular meetings (2 per week) were motivating and increased efficiency
- PARPGians are “Fennecs“
- Critical code that needed fixing was identified
- Trac tickets were helpful for keeping overview
- There were bottlenecks between departments – department-specific sprints could work better?
- Sprint target (character customization) has little importance for gameplay in early versions of PARPG – figure out higher-priority targets?
- Sprints should be shorter / contain less tasks
- More small (non-[epic] user story) tickets would have been helpful – somebody responsability for writing new tickets needs to be defined
- Subversion is hard to work with using a clean development style
Dependency Graph for Ticket #264 (Character customization based on stats and attributes) Everybody likes pictures! 🙂